Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day Thirty-Five

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him. ~ I John 4:16

Once I knew only darkness & stillness... my life was without past or future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into my hand that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of living. ~ Helen Keller

The finest clothing made is a person's skin, but, of course, society demands more than this. ~ Mark Twain


I love my porous skin, a strong peach covering for my spirit that allows for the absorption of all good things. It feels tension & peace, cold tile floors & my daughter's toothless, wet grin. My skin feels love & energy from others & hot oil popping from a pan. My skin is the place my neices caress while they watch tv & where I feel the handshake of a new friend. It is where I feel fat Alabama summer raindrops & the sticky, suffocating heat.
God did not make my ears or nose or eyes or mouth as big as He built my skin, as if He wants my sense of touch to be the greatest of them all. I wake each morning with the opportunity to touch a magical earth. I'm very aware recently, after a sermon I heard last week, of what my hands are doing. Am I using them with care & purpose? Am I offering love & kindness with them? Am I creating, enriching, contributing to this world & not just selfishly gobbling up all its wealth?
We each have an intense, God-given touch. We can make the choice to show God's unconditional love to others, to teach compassion, forgiveness & joy. I think sometimes how sad my days would be without a simple hug, or gentle fingers through my hair.With my own touch I pray I'm able to pass positive energy into all those around me, or at least share pain & promises. He must love me so dearly to bless me with so many ways to feel. Thank you God for my skin, my ability to touch your world & hug your beautiful children. LoveLoveLove

0 comments:

Post a Comment