Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day Thirty

 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 3:12

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. -- Mother Teresa 

Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones. -- Mignon McLaughlin

Love as if your life depended on it. Love to love extravagantly, yet appropriately. Live the life of a lover.
Some verses that I really like from The Message translation of the Bible. 
I am blessed to have the opportunity to love all kinds of beautiful people. I have experienced many kinds of love. And I am loved unconditionally by a Father who never wavers -- consistency. 
There are times we have to let go of people we love. Maybe because this is what is best for us or because they were only meant to teach us something and move on.
There are people we love our whole lives. We grow with them, we invest in them, we encourage them and it is a relationship that lasts a lifetime.
I feel like their are times in my life where God has sent me to love others and encourage them and that I have let my "self" get in the way. Investing too much and getting hurt in the process.
But I love big. It was the learning to love appropriately that took me awhile.
A beautiful, wise lady that I once spent much time with told me, "To never stop loving too much, but just to realize that I couldn't possess people."
As I've grown and grown-up, I've learned to love with healthiness and appropriate boundaries.
Many people are searching for love daily. We crave it in some ways. Loving ourselves. Love from those we care about. Love from those who have become distant. Love from those that have walked away.
Yet, we have the greatest love of all poured into us daily. God's love for us. 
It is my prayer that we share this love in amazing ways, with those we come into contact with on a daily basis, encouragement in the moment, a hug, a nudge forward, a listening ear ... Love extravagantly. Love without fear of rejection -- risk it. Love a stranger. Love an angel unaware. 
Blanket your day with that which you desire to receive.
May we be a safe place of love for each other. Community, with the example we have learned from the God of all peace.

A little love from me to you today. In one of my favorite forms and with beautiful words.




0 comments:

Post a Comment