Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day Twenty

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not in just some of us, it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson


My mom raised me to be a dreamer from an early age. She taught me to set goals and that if I wanted to achieve them badly enough ... they could happen. I don't think I'll ever let go of being a dreamer or loving adventures. It's such a big part of who I am. Big things. Little things. Nothing is impossible.
Even the Bible says so, Nothing is impossible with God. (Matt. 19:26)
It isn't always easy, but it has always been worth it. I am thankful that she implanted this beautiful spirit in me at such a young age. I have been blessed to see so many of the desires of my heart come true. Is amazing to watch God's time and how He works ... to look back and realize the ways He has guided your life. Strengthening. Preparing. And then watching us glow.
There were times I was so paralyzed by fear I couldn't even leave a dorm room. Now I've walked in dreams that have unfolded so much more amazingly than I could have imagined. Before all this Bucket List stuff became popular, my 8th grade English teacher asked us to make a life list. Goals tiny to gigantic. Things we wanted to see happen, achieve in our lifetimes. I still have mine. It is interesting to look back and see how much things have changed. Sure, I've accomplished some of them, but most of them are things that just wouldn't be a goal for me anymore. 
It wasn't too long ago that I realized that all the dreams I've had for myself for the last few years have come true. I am humbled by this and inspired. I don't think I'm any more special than any other human being, but I embrace these blessings. I am profoundly grateful. Huge things. Small healings. Miracles. At first it made me nervous. I thought maybe I'd accomplished everything here I was meant to. Then I realized, how amazing it was that I needed to make a new list. Carve out new goals, find some new passions, write down some different dreams.
Life is always an adventure, even in the simple moments. 
I love every day.
I would love to challenge you to make a life list of your own. Take some time and get started. Even if you just write down 5 things. Five things you would love to accomplish or experience in your lifetime. Put it in your wallet or somewhere safe. Give it to God. Let go. Take a risk. And begin taking the steps to make these things happen.
Take some time to do something for just you, love yourself. Be a dreamer, despite your circumstances.
I dare you. 
He's not a little God, believe Him for big things.
I know He'd love you to ... I know.



0 comments:

Post a Comment